GOD HAS EXPANDED OUR VISION FOR MINISTRY!
We are off and running! When we launched the 2 Steps Forward campaign, we were keenly aware that the Holy Spirit was leading both our planning team and giving from the congregation. Through our process of refining the design, interviewing staff and ministry partners, receiving input from the congregation and valuable feedback from other churches, we have come to realize God has a bigger vision for Trinity…and we are just trying to catch up! While some of the costs can be offset by value engineering plans, an additional $1 million is still needed to pay for all the improvements. Total construction cost is now estimated to be $6.5 million of which $5.5 million has already been either given or pledged.
HERE IS WHAT IS HAPPENING :
Continue to frame exterior soffit @ Gymnasium entry. Set HM Frames @ Gymnasium building. Stucco Brown coat inspection, Ok to Color Coat. Pull circuits and wire RTU @ Admin. # 200.
Continue to frame Gymnasium building eye-brow soffit. Continue to sheath Gymnasium building.
Continue to sheath @ Gymnasium building. Continue fire-sprinkler install @ Gymnasium building. Complete eye-brow soffit @ Gymnasium building entry.
Continue exterior sheathing @ Gymnasium building. Pass overhead inspection w/ county- Ok to close ceiling @ Admin. # 200. Continue Fire Sprinkler system @ Gymnasium building. Mobilize and Start scaffolding @ Gymnasium building.
Continue structural Sheath & Shear @ Gymnasium building. Close T-Bar Ceiling @ Admin. # 200. Continue to install Fire Sprinkler system @ Gymnasium building. Install exterior speaker frames @ Gymnasium building entry.
NEXT WEEK: Complete Rough Carpentry @ Gymnasium building Electrical and F. Sprinklers rough @ Gymnasium building. Color coat Admin. # 200.
New Construction Progress Report
March 26, 2017
March 26, 2017
Ground Breaking (Drone Video)
March 28, 2017
Construction (Panoramic Video)
April 7, 2017
Construction (Panoramic Video)
WHAT HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE PLAN?
After speaking with dozens of organizations, the overwhelming feedback was “Don’t cut corners! Future ministries will regret your decision!” Valuable feedback caused us to adjust some of the scope. When adequate investment had not been made to the multi-use scope, many organizations spent thousands of dollars above what the initial cost would have been in an effort to retrofit their project.
It is in pursuit of Trinity’s vision for ministry that we have a commitment to provide a Student and Family Ministry Center which can accommodate both an excellent recreational outreach and a setting for large gatherings, presentations, and worship.
These multi-use improvements include:
- Increased overall Center footprint to allow for bleachers and a safer barrier around court
- Improved lighting for various venue functions and basic stage lighting
- Speakers and equipment adequate for worship and multi-media presentations
- Addition of a video projector that can provide clear, bright images during day or night
- Acoustical wall treatment to prevent ringing or echo while allowing for God’s word to be heard
- Retractable stage allowing for quick, low labor turnaround between worship, presentations, banquets and full court recreational use
- Tables and chairs
- Retractable basketball hoops and retractable court partition for greater multiuse options
- Kitchen with basic appliances and adequate serving space
- Removable carpet panels for strategic placement in high traffic areas and under potentially damaging equipment to protect wood flooring
- Provision for solar panels will reduce future energy costs by $30,000 per year
- Eye-catching weather tolerant landscaping for the East Entry, 17th Street side and in front of the sanctuary
- Add parking with easement from Loma Vista School to add 50+ parking spaces
- Make improvements to the over 50-year-old Administration Building to accommodate staff location shifting and enhancing the visitor entrance
- Build a dynamic play structure along the 17th Street grass that will serve as a “billboard” to the thousands who pass the church and hundreds from Loma Vista School that use our parking lot- “we are a church for your entire family!”
- Enhance Early Childhood Patio with small scale play equipment and other “child friendly” enhancements
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE PHOTO GALLERY
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
This is transformational! The 2 Steps Forward Campaign is becoming a catalyst for sharing the Gospel message about Christ’s love both to the people of Trinity and the surrounding community. Each change on Trinity’s campus will have a tremendous impact and improve our ability to facilitate our most important ministry objectives and bring Trinity’s VISION to life!
How can you connect and be engaged in this vision?
- GIFTS OF CASH OR BY CREDIT CARD
- GIFTS OF STOCK, OVER-FUNDED IRA, and OTHER SECURITIES
We are also preparing a “gift registry” list of items needed for both general construction and program ministry use that will be available soon.
Giving should be a thoughtful process. Scripture will help focus your prayers and help create a dialogue among family members as you seek God’s heart together. Seek God’s help in defining a gift to the campaign that embodies your love, thankfulness, generosity, and trust in His provision.