Connections that Count |March 25, 2021
Jesus Appoints the Twelve”Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to him those he wanted, and they came to him. 14 He appointed twelve that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach 15 and to have authority to drive out demons. 16 These are the twelve he appointed: Simon (to whom he gave the name Peter), 17 James son of Zebedee and his brother John (to them he gave the name Boanerges, which means “sons of thunder”), 18 Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, Thaddaeus, Simon the Zealot 19 and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.”
- By what criteria do you choose your friends?
- What does looking at who Jesus chose to follow him tell you about the kingdom of God?
- What difference does it make that Jesus chose imperfect people to share in his ministry?
- What attitudes and actions do you feel still need to be changed in your life to more fully obey Christ’s call to follow him.
- What would it look like for you to mentor someone younger in the faith?
- What would it look like for you to be mentored by someone more mature in the faith?
- Consider joining a Community Alive! Group this spring. These small groups will be made up of Trinity folks of varying ages and run for 6 weeks (the duration of the series).
When God Ran by Benny Hester, performed by Phillips, Craig and Dean
Lord, I thank you for the rich variety of men and women at Trinity. I look forward to making new connections within our Church family this spring. Thank you for your love, you grace and forgiveness. In Jesus Name, Amen.