Connections that Count |March 09, 2021
Yesterday we reflected encouraging others daily. For many, we may experience such discouragement that encouraging others does not come easy. We are “giving water from an empty well.” This morning slowly read each of the passages below. Let the Lord’s encouragement be poured out on you!
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Read back through the selection of verses again.
· Which passage stands out? Which verse did you need to hear this morning?
· In each passage, what prevents us from discouragement? What keeps us moving forward?
· What are forces of discouragement try to undermine your faith and life during this season?
· Read through the passage that stood out just before you go to sleep. You might write out the verse and place it somewhere visible or even commit to memorize so God’s encouragement will be in your heart and mind.
· This week in particular lift the places of discouragement in your life up to the Lord. Let your prayer time include both a surrendering of burdens and an affirmation of God’s Word to you.
Lord thank you for the hope found in your Word! I surrender any burdens of discouragement at your feet. I know you go before and are present with me. Fill me with an awe of your presence. Encourage me with a confidence to boldly follow you today. Speak your hope into my life and circumstances that I may fully follow you and reflect your love in the world today. Amen!
Good Grace (Live) – Hillsong UNITE