Connections that Count |March 24, 2021
Acts 10:24-28 (you may wish to continue reading through vs. 48)
Peter at Cornelius’ House“The following day he arrived in Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends. 25 As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. 26 But Peter made him get up. “Stand up,” he said, “I am only a man myself.” 27 While talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. 28 He said to them: “You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.”
- How had Cornelius prepared for Peter’s visit?
- What did Peter say to show he had learned what God had wanted him to learn?
- If a family from another country moved in next door, how might you welcome them to the neighborhood?
- How can you be an effective witness for Christ this week to someone that is culturally different from you?
- Consider visiting the Trinity ESL program and meet adult, international students from the class that are new to Tustin and learning English.
God of Justice by Tim Hughes
Jesus, how blessed I am to live in such a multicultural community. Help me to find ways to welcome those who are new to the neighborhood I live in. Show me how I might provide a fresh touch of Christ love. In Jesus Name, Amen.