The goal of Disabilities Ministry is to demonstrate God’s love by serving needs of the physically, mentally and developmentally challenged community, and working toward total inclusion in the life of Trinity through worship, study, service and fellowship.
Trinity loves to share the love of Jesus with these groups that meet regularly on our campus.
- Hope’s Nest A faith-based, monthly support group for individuals with mental health challenges. Meets the first Sunday of every month at 12PM on campus in room 500-D.
- NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Health) This support group for families of individuals living with mental health challenges meets on campus every Sunday at 6:30PM in the Samaritan Care Center.
- Capernaum A branch of Young Life that shares the gospel with teenagers with developmental challenges, providing opportunities to have fun, build self esteem and explore a personal relationship with God. Capernaum holds regular events on our campus.
- Club Strive A local organization that designs events to create lasting friendships between children with developmental challenges and teen mentors. Events are held regularly on Trinity’s campus.
- Friday Night Live This group plans entertainment events for the developmentally challenged hosted at Trinity.
Special Needs Sunday School Trinity has a class for children with special needs during the 10:40AM Sunday worship service.
Rev. Dr. Steven B. Miller
Steve grew up in Palos Verdes in a church-going family. After coming to Christ in high school, Steve said yes to the Lord’s leading which took him to ministry in the Sierra mountains, New Jersey and the USSR. Steve graduated from Cal Poly Pomona with a B.S.; Princeton Seminary with an M.Div.; and Fuller Seminary with his D. Min. Steve is happily married to Mende and is excited about his two wonderful kids, Joshua and Hannah Rae, as they spring board from college at Whitworth. When not at church you can find Steve working in the garden, hiking in the hills, making something with wood, or watching soccer.